For Immediate Release Contact email@example.com
May 24, 2010
TUSTIN, Calif., May 24, 2010 – To help patients work with their physicians to better understand medical imaging, Toshiba America Medical Systems, Inc. has launched myimagingexam.com, an educational resource Web site for patients receiving diagnostic imaging exams. The new site provides educational tools for patients to download and use with their physician before undergoing a medical imaging exam to better understand the imaging process and manage their own health. In addition to tools, the site also includes educational information about women’s imaging, pediatric imaging, patient comfort and CT radiation dose. myimagingexam.com is part of Toshiba’s overall commitment to enhance patient safety in medical imaging.
The downloadable patient tools on myimagingexam.com include:
• Patient Imaging History Card: Allows patients to keep an exam record for themselves and their families to share with their physicians. For physicians, it is helpful to understand the number, frequency and type of exams a patient has received when recommending an upcoming exam or procedure.
• Questions to Ask Your Doctor Before Your Exam: Helps patients develop questions to ask their physician before an exam to better understand the exam process, why the exam is recommended and its considerations/benefits they should know about.
• Medical Imaging Exam Guide: A visual chart that showcases common medical imaging exams and common uses, along with photos of the imaging system so patients can feel more prepared for their upcoming exam.
• Facts to Know About Medical Imaging: Provides a high-level overview of general facts patients should know about imaging exams.
“Toshiba puts patient safety at the forefront of all it does and is committed to making medical imaging as fast, accurate and safe as possible for patients,” said Doug Ryan, vice president, Marketing and Strategic Development, Toshiba. “myimagingexam.com is a resource for patients to better understand medical imaging, allowing them to work with their physician to play a more active role in their own health management.”
Toshiba develops CT, MR, X-ray and ultrasound imaging equipment that plays a critical role in improving the quality of life for patients through fast, accurate and less invasive detection of serious medical conditions. Toshiba is committed to achieving the best in patient safety across all of its diagnostic imaging products. Through innovative technology and working with leading physicians across the country, Toshiba addresses the top patient safety concerns.
• Toshiba’s Aquilion® product line is designed to streamline exams, minimize radiation and contrast dose and tailor exams to even the smallest patients.
• Toshiba’s MR systems are designed to offer safe, comfortable exams for patients. Toshiba’s systems address the two most common patient complaints about MR technology – noise and claustrophobia.
• Toshiba’s ultrasound systems are portable, yet offer advanced capabilities to accurately diagnose patients quickly and non-invasively.
• Toshiba’s flexible Vascular X-ray systems provide safe exams for patients with a variety of conditions. For X-ray, Toshiba’s integrated components make program setup and patient positioning easier while ensuring more exams are performed with comfort and speed.
Toshiba is also committed to improving patient safety through education. The AHRA & Toshiba Putting Patients First program seeks to improve patient care and safety in diagnostic imaging for pediatrics and adults through offering grants to fund programs, trainings and seminars at local hospitals and imaging centers.
With headquarters in Tustin, Calif., Toshiba America Medical Systems markets, sells, distributes and services diagnostic imaging systems, and coordinates clinical diagnostic imaging research for all modalities in the United States. Toshiba Medical Systems Corp., an independent group company of Toshiba Corp., is a global leading provider of diagnostic medical imaging systems and comprehensive medical solutions, such as CT, Cath & EP Labs, X-ray, Ultrasound, MRI and information systems. Toshiba Corp. is a worldwide leader in technology, electronic and electrical products, digital consumer products, electronic devices and components, power systems, industrial and social infrastructure systems and home appliances. Toshiba was founded in 1875 and today operates a global network of more than 740 companies with 199,000 employees worldwide and annual sales surpassing $73 billion. For more information, visit Toshiba’s web site at www.medical.toshiba.com.