The Canon Medical Systems “Made for Life” philosophy reflects our commitment to improving the quality of life for all—including our employees and their families. That philosophy extends to our benefits program. In our view, employee benefits are much more than a “package”. They are designed to enhance your well-being, prepare for the future, and help you live your best life possible. As your needs change through the years, you will find that our benefits are indeed made for life.
Health benefits are the cornerstone of our benefits program. Canon Medical Systems offers you a choice of health plans and important tools to help you live a healthy lifestyle while getting the most out of your benefits.
- Three consumer-driven health plans (CDHPs), which include online video consultations with board-certified doctors.
- A Health Savings Account that is generously funded by the Company.
- Dental benefits that cover preventive and diagnostic services, restorative services such as fillings, root canals, and crowns, and orthodontia for both children and adults.
- Vision benefits that cover annual eye exams, prescription eyewear, and discounts for many upgrades and specialty services.
401(k) Savings Plan
With the 401(k) Savings Plan, you can contribute a percentage of your salary on a pre-tax basis, after-tax basis, or a combination of both.
- Canon Medical Systems matches 401(k) pre-tax and after-tax contributions at 50% up to 8% of your pay.
- Additional Company discretionary contribution.
- True-up feature to ensure you receive the full Company matching contribution, even if your contributions reach the IRS maximum before the end of the year.
Canon Medical Systems believes that total wellness is much more than just being physically healthy. Physical, emotional, and financial health are all connected, and our wellness program connects you to benefits and programs that support your total well-being. The program is available to full-time employees and their spouses and domestic partners.
Components of the wellness program include:
- Annual Wellness Incentive: Earn hundreds of dollars each year for taking an active role in your health.
- Sonic Boom activity program: Be active, have fun, earn rewards, and connect with your colleagues.
- WebMD: Get personalized health coaching, whether you're facing a health crisis or training for a 5k.
- Quit For Life: A tobacco cessation program that helps you kick the habit for good.
The Company provides several benefit plans at no cost to you, including:
- Critical Illness Insurance: $5,000 lump sum benefit if you are diagnosed with a critical illness.
- Accident and Hospital Insurance: Lump sum benefits if you are in an accident or hospitalized (coverage is Company-paid if you are enrolled in a Company medical plan).
- Best Doctors: Expert second opinion and treatment plan review from best-in-class specialists.
- Health Advocacy Program: Help with resolving claims and billing issues.
- Employee Assistance Program: Counseling and referral services for personal and financial issues.
- Long Term Disability: Replaces a portion of your income if you can't work because of an illness or injury for more than 52 weeks.
- Basic Life Insurance: Financial protection in the event of death or a covered accident.
- Business Travel Accident Insurance: Additional protection in the event of death or a covered accident while traveling on Company business.
We offer several voluntary benefits you can purchase to add an extra layer of protection for you and your family.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Pay for eligible health care and dependent care with pre-tax dollars.
- Short Term Disability: Income replacement if you are unable to work for up to 52 weeks.
- Supplemental Employee and Dependent Life Insurance: Additional life insurance beyond what the Company provides.
- Voluntary Critical Illness Insurance: Additional critical illness coverage beyond what the Company provides.
- Voluntary Accident and Hospital Insurance: Lump sum benefits if you are in an accident or hospitalized.
- Identity Theft Protection: A suite of services to protect your exposure to identity theft.
- Legal Insurance: 100% coverage with network attorneys for covered legal services.
- 529 College Savings Plan: A tax-advantaged way to save for college.
- Commuter Benefit Plan: Pay for mass transit and parking commuting expenses with pre-tax dollars.
Time Off Benefits
Taking time off work allows you to rest, reenergize, take care of personal business, volunteer in your community, and recover from illness—so you can be your best, both personally and professionally.
- 12 Company-observed holidays.
- Vacation accrued based on years of service.
- Sick leave accrued based on years of service.
Find Your Career Today